We love vegan curry recipes. For this post, due to our curry addiction, we chose this combination. Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Curry was so delicious and comforting, just as a curry should be. I loved the addition of the spinach. It was really delicious and I am pretty sure you'll make it often. The best thing about it is that the sauce is ready made and you will need half the time to prepare.
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 Large onion diced small
- 1 garlic clove diced small
- 2.5 Cups of diced sweet potatoes
- 1.5 Cups of cooked n strained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup of finely coriander
- 200g frozen whole leaf spinach or 2 cups fresh spinach chopped wide.
- 1 jar Original Curry sauce.
- Salt to taste (note that the jar already contains salt)
- Chopped cilantro
- Coconut shreds
- Lime wedges
- In a deep pan, heat the coconut oil a bit and fry the cumin seeds until golden, be careful not to burn them!
- Add the onions, garlic and cilantro and fry until onions are translucent.
- Add the diced sweet potatoes and keep mixing for few minutes until the potatoes get a bit of a gold color. Add the chickpeas and the Whisktaker sauce and simmer for 10 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Raise the temperature and Add the spinach and let it boil for 5 minutes. Add salt to tase.
- Serve on a bed of steamed rice or quinoa or enjoy it with a slice of bread.
- Decorate with lime or lemon wedges and a sprinkle of coconut flakes and cilantro.
Don't forget to share your photos with us on instagram or facebook and tag us: @whisktaker_shop